Founded in 1906, Phi Delta Kappa International is the premier professional association for educators. PDK’s mission is to support education, particularly public education, as the cornerstone of democracy. Phi Delta Kappa International is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify employment verification program.
Director, Future Educators Association®
Location: 1525 Wilson Blvd., Suite 605, Arlington, VA 22209
Reports To: Executive Director
Purpose of Position: As a member of the senior management team, the Director of the Future Educators Association works as a partner with the executive director and other senior staff to provide leadership to manage the Future Educators Association program, resulting in substantial growth during the next 10 years.
PDK International seeks a director of the Future Educators Association® who will create a new vision for how current educators can actively recruit the next generation of great educators, with particular emphasis on recruiting high school students from historically underrepresented populations, and those students with interests and talents in science, technology, engineering and math. To this end, the FEA director will form strong partnerships with other like-minded national organizations and agencies; secure funding from foundations, government agencies, and corporations supporting this vision; and grow the program, thus providing opportunities for students in every high school to learn about potential careers as educators. In building the program, the FEA director will work closely with state-level FEA leaders, coordinating and assisting their efforts. The FEA director will also work with local FEA teacher advisors to provide them with access to FEA program materials and research on how teaching and learning can be transformed. The FEA director will live and work in the Washington DC area. The salary is competitive and based on experience. PDK offers excellent benefits, and it is an equal opportunity employer and utilizes E-Verify.
- Master’s degree in education or other related field
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the teaching profession
- Prior teaching experience; additional experience in nonprofit, association or governmental
agencies a plus
- Track record in establishing strategic partnerships with state and national agencies/organizations
- Demonstrated ability to connect programs to funding and creatively generate resources
- Experience in project management and event planning; must be able to manage multiple projects and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and goals
- Adept at working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to think creatively, and possessing entrepreneurial skills
- Exceptional speaking and writing skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to PDK and FEA’s mission
- Willingness to travel
PDK offers a full range of benefits including health, dental, life insurance and long-term disability, and association funded 403(b) retirement savings through TIAA/CREF.
Submit cover letter and résumé by May 24, 2013 to
Mail: PDK, Attn: D. Webb, P.O. Box 7888, Bloomington, IN 47407-7888