As a special category of professional membership, this level of association is available to individuals who:
- Support the mission and vision of PDK International
- Demonstrate professional conduct
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or equivalent standard as determined by the PDK international board
- Are 65 years of age
- Have maintained 25 years of good-standing membership in the association and are currently in good standing
- Have demonstrated commitments to the tenets of research, service, and leadership
(Note: Requests for approval of emeritus membership status will be reviewed and approved by the international board twice annually.)
View a complete list of PDK member benefits.
Emeritus members are exempt from chapter and international dues and assessments and have all the rights and privileges of professional good-standing members.
- Annual membership year for emeritus members is July 1-June 30.
- Dues payment for the current year is not refundable.
- Dues exemption begins in the membership year following approval of emeritus status.
- Annual address/publication verification notices are mailed during the month of April and should be returned to PDK promptly so you continue to receive your member benefits.
- Emeritus membership is not retroactive.
How to Request Approval for Emeritus Membership