PDK Member Benefits
PDK International, publisher of Kappan magazine, brings together the top education leaders, thinkers, and doers to collaborate and inspire one another. By providing professional learning opportunities, targeted networking, and relevant research, PDK helps researchers and practitioners deepen their expertise, advance their careers, and ultimately experience better results in their education research, classrooms, and schools. Don’t wait. Join today and let PDK help you get better at what you do! Already a member? Renew your PDK membership so that you don’t miss any issues of Kappan magazine or other member benefits.
Through PDK you will…
Learn from other education leaders.
PDK is your one-stop, quality source of information on important education issues. Your PDK membership gives you access to:
- Phi Delta Kappan, a professional education magazine that is a must-read for the movers and shakers in the education profession. Each issue blends research, reflection, and practical ideas from some of the best and most thoughtful professionals in education. (Note: international electronic members receive an online-only subscription to Kappan magazine.)
- Kappan Professional Development Discussion Guide, which has helpful ideas for using articles for your professional learning.
- Classroom Tips, a one-page brief that offers topical and timely advice for teachers at all levels.
- More than 40 years of annual PDK/Gallup Polls of the Public’s Attitudes Toward the Public Schools.
- The Publication Archives, an extensive searchable database of PDK’s books and articles from Kappan and other PDK publications.
- A discounted subscription to Education Week, a trusted news source for K-12 leaders and policy experts.
Develop your professional skills.
At PDK, we believe that ongoing professional learning must be based on well-documented research and tailored to the needs of the professionals it serves. That's why, as a member, you can choose to participate in:
- Career advancement webinars – Participate in these free events from the comfort of your home or office to get career tips, chat with Kappan authors, and more.
- International travel programs – Learn firsthand about education systems in other countries.
- The PDK Book Club – Get the most current, prominent education-related books at a significant discount.
- Leadership opportunities – Whether you are interested in applying for PDK’s prestigious Emerging Leaders program or hoping to serve in a local leadership position, PDK provides ample opportunities for you to build your résumé.
Establish valuable connections.
PDK helps you reach other education professionals:
- At the local level through our network of chapters
- At the international level through our travel program
Unlike other subject- or grade-specific associations, PDK connects you with the broadest possible range of education professionals. Our members include classroom teachers, school and district administrators, higher education faculty administrators, and policy makers.
There are a number of economic benefits to membership that you may not have considered. Membership in PDK gives you access to significant discounts on:
- Professional liability, health, term life, and auto insurance plans
- Services from the Curriculum Management Center
- Event registration costs
- International travel
- Online and print subscriptions to Education Week (PDK members receive a 25% discount!)
Make a positive difference in education.
Looking for ways to get involved in efforts to improve education? Look no further. PDK members promote high-quality education and support current and future educators in a variety of ways that include:
- The Future Educators Association® - This federally-recognized student organization, sponsored by PDK International, supports students who are interested in education-related careers by helping them explore the field of education while developing leadership skills.
- The annual Chalk WalkSM - This event raises funds to support the next generation of educators while honoring teachers, past and present, who make a difference.
- Read for the Record - Sponsored by Jumpstart and Pearson Foundation, this event promotes early childhood education by calling on participants to read a designated book on a chosen day. The result: thousands of readers united for an educational purpose.
Membership in PDK demonstrates a commitment to the field of education and to professional growth, and we can help you advance your education career. Join PDK today and become a part of this powerful network of educators.