How do we protect the confidentiality and security of your information?
What personal information do we collect from you?
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Information you submit to us on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information about the products or services that you request or buy.
- Information about how you use the PDK website. Please note that PDK does not collect any personal information from users browsing its web site. Only aggregate data—such as the number of hits per page—are collected. Aggregate data are used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
- Information from your credit card when you buy something from PDK. Your credit card information is encrypted for security.
How does PDK International use the data that is collected?
Most data PDK collects are used only to help us better serve our members. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide. PDK International uses information voluntarily submitted by members and other customers in the following ways:
PDK Member Services and Products. Generally, PDK International and its direct subsidiaries use data collected to improve its own web content; to respond to visitors' interests, needs, and preferences; and to develop new products and services.
Disclosures to Third Parties. PDK International also makes member contact information available to members through the membership directory on the PDK website. In addition, PDK may occasionally provide limited data to third parties that offer products and services. These limited data include names, job titles, companies, and home and business addresses, but do not include business phone numbers, business fax numbers, or e-mail addresses.
We may also employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing marketing assistance (including direct and targeted marketing), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Also, PDK may occasionally sell names and postal addresses to reputable organizations.
Credit Card Account Information. PDK International does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, PDK submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
We may send you e-mail announcements about our products and services. We do not share e-mail addresses with other companies for them to market their own products and services directly to you.